BSA with a Greener cross bolt

Registered members may use this forum to discuss shotgun subjects
Trutta

BSA with a Greener cross bolt

Post by Trutta »

Hey guys!
Came across a strange one thats got me baffled. Its a BSA BLE with Greener cross bolt. Has anyone any info on this model by BSA? Here is a link to the model in question https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/shotguns/ ... 9133629002 the strange thing is both guns share the same number thats on the bottom of the trigger plate. Thanks and any help would be great!

Tim Wilkes 43

Re: BSA with a Greener cross bolt

Post by Tim Wilkes 43 »

Hello and welcome, Trutta.

You refer in your message to 'both guns', by which I take it that you mean a Greener and a BSA. The through bolt was used by many manufacturers, not just Greener. It was a relatively cheap way to strengthen the barrel closing.

Tim

Trutta

Post by Trutta »

Thank you for the welcome and reply! The "both guns" is in reference to the BSA model with the cross bolt, I will soon have in my possession the same model as the one in the link, both guns have the same 98/2592 stamped on the trigger plate. They are two different guns, but the same model. I have never seen a BSA with a cross bolt, so that has peaked my curiosity, which lead me here for help! BSA was a large manufacturer, but hard to find info on them in the states. I do appreciate any help, and thank you for your time!

Trutta

Post by Trutta »

I got it, Regent Model made for the RAF! Any other info on these guns?
Thanks guys!
Rick

Tim Wilkes 43

Post by Tim Wilkes 43 »

Pretty sure they were bought by the RAF during the Second World War to train pilots and gunners in the art of shooting moving targets.

I believe they had instruction on clays then sat in what looked like a gun turret and fired off the machine gun on the range at moving targets.

Tim