Holts Auctions

Registered members may use this forum to discuss shotgun subjects
Tim Wilkes 43

Holts Auctions

Post by Tim Wilkes 43 »

I have just had it confirmed to me that from March next year Holts will be holding their auctions in Blackheath. Holly Hedge House is not far from Shooters Hill Rd. How very appropriate!

I was last there in 2008 when it was the final stop off after the inaugural Big Battlefield Bike Ride in aid of Help for Heroes. We pedalled off from there into the centre of town, to be greeted at Horse Guards Parade by the Chief of the General Staff.

I'll be popping into the December auction briefly on auction day.

Tim

Tim Wilkes 43

Re: Holts Auctions

Post by Tim Wilkes 43 »

Anyone go to Holts last week? How was the new location.

Couldn't go on Wednesday as planned as we had a death in the family and that rather overtook events.

Tim

KDGJ 62

Post by KDGJ 62 »

Tim,

Sorry to hear of your loss.

From the US looking at the results, it looks like they were able to sell a number of guns within estimates.

Ken

Murray 77

Post by Murray 77 »

I attended the viewing on the Wednesday. The new venue was very well organised and felt much like the old. My particular interest is Black Powder. Some of the guns appeared inexpensive in the photos but close up not quite as smart but appeared to sell well. The most interesting was the 7 barrel flintlock volley gun for geese which made 20K. I watched the auction on the internet, whilst decorating the kitchen, and was surprised at the apparent strength of the market. Murray

John 39

Post by John 39 »

Regrettably, I did not make the sale, been suffering loss of balance (Benign Paroxismal something - or other) for the last 3 weeks. Keep falling over and extreme nausea! First sale I've missed in about 20 years.

Tim Wilkes 43

Post by Tim Wilkes 43 »

Sorry to read that John. Hope you feel better soon.

Have you tried drink? .....

Tim